Sedona Thorp Gathering 2015
The first Sedona fly-in (to my knowledge) is scheduled for April 17, 18, 19th 2015.
We are staying at the sky ranch lodge located right on the airport. I blocked off 10 “garden” rooms, of which 4 are left. They advertise a group rate, but that does not exist? If we need more rooms I’ll try and secure them at the “garden room” rate. If there are no more garden rooms then they have upgraded rooms for about $20.00 more per night. POC at the lodge is Jessica Shield. She can be reached at 1-800-708-6400 and tell her you are part of the thorp t-18 fly-in group. We have the block of rooms locked in from 19 Mar-17 Apr. There is a 48 hour cancellation policy. Spring time is the start of their max booking time so if you want a room at the lodge book early. The other hotels are in town down the hill and some of the rates are double that of the lodge!
Schedule of Events
1. Arrive sometime on Friday. I plan to be there around 1000 am on Friday. get everyone tied down and if we need a beverage run Fred Shinn the fly-in events coordinator said he would try and make some sort of transport available for the fizz pop run. I will have our tie down location available as the date gets closer. Fred says we get a 30 cent discount on fuel and tie down fees are ½ prices.
2. The lodge is within walking distance. The lodge has a van that might be available to transport us to the front door.
3. Right now I plan to have a lunch (around 1200 Friday) for Ken Knowles (pending) at the sunset grill that is located right on the field. After lunch you are on your own and the lodge has a van that runs into town.
4. Each day you are on your own for breakfast and plan to report for happy hour at the grill starting at 1500 to 1800.
5. Dinner at the grill is from 1600 to 2100 and a group dinner Friday and Saturday will probably start around 1800?
7. There is a rental car outfit on the field should we need one.
8. Sunday. Make your own plans.
Welcome to the new T18.net (Again!)
Welcome to Version 3.0 of the Thorp online community! Over the past year or so I've become increasingly frustrated with the platform the "main site" was running on. As the new Thorp Supply business gets up and running the two sites will be closely integrated thus I wanted a new and consistant look and feel across both sites. I plan to add more rich content to this site in the near future so stay tuned.
Thorp T-18 Mutual Aid Society